As a Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible for technical duties such as infrastructure design, creation, maintenance, and support associated with cloud computing. You will be working closely with our Cloud Architect, Solution Architects, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage our cloud solution, cloud computing strategy and all associated documentation. Most work will be conducted on-site at our client location Bethesda, MD, although some tasks may be performed remotely.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will collaborate with our engineering and infrastructure teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the program:
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud.
- Designing and implementing cloud-based platforms throughout the program.
- Coordinate with DTP team to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases.
- Assist with monitoring & reporting technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery.
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
To be successful in this role you need (required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience with 8+ years in systems engineering or 4 additional years in lieu of degree.
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
- Experience with Commercial Cloud Services (C2S)
- Knowledge of classified environment’s security enclave
- Experience with cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience with SecDevOps and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with cloud-based – specifically AWS – enterprise implementations
- Knowledge of web services: API, REST
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols
- Experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Experience developing basic tooling and scripting: UNIX shell, Python, Perl or similar.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems engineers, and architects.
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
You will wow us even more if you have:
- AWS cloud certifications
- Experience working with Linux operating system
- Familiarity with CIO CloudTracker
- Experience with micro services architecture
- Experience with container deployment platforms such as Kubernetes, Openshift, or GCE
- Experience supporting DIA/NMEC and/or D3P
- OSINT familiarity