We are looking to fill a Data Center Manager/Engineer position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). This role will be responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of all data center operations. This individual will collaborate with government customer to define the processes and standards that govern data center activities, monitor activities to confirm compliance, and track and report data center resource consumption (power, cooling, and rack space) to the Government. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives.
The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the processes and standards that govern data center activities
- Monitor activities to confirm compliance
- Track and report data center resource consumption (power, cooling, and rack space).
- Coordinate and control access and logistic support
- Communicate maintenance intervals to affected stakeholders
- Follow Datacenter’s procedures and processes
- Establish new and/or modify existing procedures and processes for efficiency
- Manage and coordinate the installation and maintenance of date center equipment
- Ensure compliance with data center security protocols
- Prepare reports on data center operations
- Maintain data center documentation as assigned. These includes maintenance verifications documents, technical drawings, procurement documentations and related technical manuals
- Supervise – engage and oversee vendors and subcontractors supporting data center
- Control data center stocks (fiber, patch panels, connectors etc.)
- Responsible of racking and stacking of servers and related devices
- Design and implement server technologies in environments with multiple configurations
- Assist in performing root cause analysis for operational issues that occur
- Ensures safety all personnel/equipment on-site
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and decommission of physical equipment. Rapidly distinguish between isolated server problems, network outages, and power/cooling issues that impact enterprise services.
- Provide data center support 24/7 to respond to emergency incidents that affect mission-essential services
- Hardware Engineer Level 4 – Requires a bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working in an AGILE environment
- Experience managing hardware configuration baselines
- Experience with Data Center Strategy, Planning, and Roadmap maintenance
- Experience with Data Center consolidation and cloud environment transition
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Knowledge of power infrastructure layout from generation to rack level, redundancy levels and techniques, rack standards, properties and selection criteria, and power rail/strip options, cold aisle/hot aisle containment, and standards for fire suppression, security and safety.
- Experience monitoring environmental sensors and determining issues prior to impact to systems
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+, CCNA-Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to obtain a poly.
- Experience operating and maintaining systems in a Windows environment
- Experience with SAN or network storage setup and administration
- Data Center Management Certification a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) concepts and solutions
- Experience with troubleshooting within a security environment
- Experience with backup and restore procedures