Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
The selected individual must be able to efficiently investigate complex database issues and provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment. He/she must have the ability to effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, software developers, and senior-level management. He/she will be expected to learn and understand data models and data architecture documents. Solutions developed to support the customer’s needs will be written using SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages. Other tasks may include applying Oracle patches and upgrading the database structure, as well as tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements.
• TS/SCI with Favorable Polygraph
• Experience with data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
• Must have at least 3 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience with Linux (RHEL).
• Must have 2 years of shell scripting experience.
• Must have 2 years of experience with PL/SQL.
• Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
• Experience with Mongo.
• 3 years of experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
• Experience with real-time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, and Sybase Replication Server.
• Experience with MySQL.
• Experience with Cassandra.