The Database Engineer/Administrator will join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a large, fast-paced program using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. The program provides system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support to a large, complicated, technical program, and is infusing new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The Program is seeking a Database Administrator (DBA) to support our customer’s mission critical operational program. The DBA will maintain the integrity, security and availability of multiple databases. Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system products. Performs database and software lifecycle activities to ensure the highest level of system performance, availability, and compliance with business requirements. Performs Oracle Database administration. Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Perform daily database administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of system database and Oracle Streams replication issues.
- Track and respond to reported database issues using tools provided by the customer.
- Monitor database performance and memory allocations using standard tools.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database problems as reported by the customers or task lead.
- Perform database recovery actions.
- Modify existing database scripts to enhance systems support and create new database scripts for recurring database issues.
- Develop and execute SQL queries for routine and ad hoc requests.
- Perform system updates and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patching.
- Recommend design and implementation practices that optimize the performance of GOTS/COTS databases and applications.
- Ten years of experience as a database administrator.
- Must have at least 3 years of Oracle Database Administration experience to include experience with Oracle data replication technologies.
- Must have experience implementing and maintaining database security.
- Must have experience conducting database performance tuning and monitoring.
- Must have experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems/issues.
- Must have experience installing, configuring and upgrading RDBMS software.
- Must have experience with procedural languages, for example: PL/SQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 3 years of experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
- Experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server.