Our next DevOps Software Engineer will be working with a dynamic team to design, develop and deploy a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting the DIA-NMEC DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP). Under this 10-year contract, we support NMEC’s mission to centralize and standardize Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (TCPED) of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) across the DoD and IC enterprise. Have impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values inclusion, innovation, collaboration, and professional development. While most work is conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables.
As a DevOps Engineer you will contribute to the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized microservices architecture as well as technical systems administration, installation, and configuration. You will participate in fostering a DevOps culture, building strong cross functional collaboration with systems engineering, architecture, development, security, operations, and integration teams, in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, other software integrators and system administrators on the following key tasks:
- To deploy, triage and maintain a production big data pipeline using a microservice architecture running on Kubernetes, Elasticsearch backend, and Kafka messaging
- Enhance, improve, and maintain CI/CD and DevOps scripts and processes to facilitate faster development, quicker error detection and resilient deployments
- Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
- Use Helm to configure Kubernetes deployments to support new feature requirements.
- Collaborate with System Engineers to design solutions for new features and requirements
- Provide technical input to systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with SE team members and Architect team
- Participate in Agile release planning, scrum of scrums, bug triage, design sessions and other meetings
You bring enthusiasm, the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience, and meet the following qualifications:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 8+ years in software development, system engineering or related field. 6+ years of experience with Master’s degree.
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Comfortable working in Linux
- Container or container orchestration experience, i.e. Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
- Development experience, i.e. Bash, PowerShell, SALT, Python, Groovy, Java, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution
You will wow us even more if you have some of these:
- Experience with systems at scale
- Experience/knowledge of key Agile processes and techniques
- Experience on a production/ enterprise system
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Kafka or other message passing systems (AMQP, JMS)
- Kubernetes monitoring, e.g., Prometheus/ Graphana
- GPU-based Kubernetes
- SALT for deployment automation
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Logstash, specifically admin experience
- Helm and Helmfile