The selected candidate will provide development infrastructure support to teams who are adding new capabilities to a complex system that has an exacting interface, performance, and security requirements. She/he will install, operate, and maintain IBM Db2 and SQL Server instances that support a range of Microsoft and other COTS tools, and will interface with technical managers, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. She/he will be responsible for implementing database administration practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. She/he will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary. The selected candidate will actively participate in Program Increment Planning and related Agile team activities.
• Must have Database Administrator experience to include tasks such as data migration, data
replication, user administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, issue investigation,
issue resolution, and general administration.
• Must have at least 3 years of combined experience with Db2 database administration on
Windows/Linux, and SQLServer (2012 and later) on Windows.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
• Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding
technical options and trade-offs.
• Must be capable of performing high-quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and at least 8 years of related experience.
• Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an Agile
• In-depth experience with both Db2 and SQLServer (2012 and later) products preferred.
• Experience with Db2 on both Linux and Windows.
• Windows SCCM administration experience.
• IBM Enterprise Lifecycle Management administration experience.