An Instructional Designer (Server) is needed to join a high-performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. The program provided system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an ongoing mission and operational system.
The selected candidate will work with an experienced training team to develop and deliver certifiable training for adult learners. He/she will:
• Collaborate with other ISDs/Training Developers to design and develop classroom learning solutions to prepare students to carry out their mission working with a multi-node rack-mounted server system.
• Conduct competency-based platform training that incorporates multiple instructional technologies.
• Consult with subject-matter experts to determine instructional requirements, analyze server systems and components, adapt engineering references, and implement training solutions.
• Collaborate with technical writers and web managers to prepare and deliver a variety of training products.
• Develop and maintain WCI products.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Plan, design, and deliver learning strategies based on a blended-learning strategy.
• Instruct adult learners.
• Evaluate instructional programs, course content, and instructional methodologies.
• Analyze learning objectives against program requirements, and coordinate data gathering and processing for various levels of evaluation and assessment.
• Develop job aids for users, subject matter experts, and instructors who may be new to the targeted technology.
• Develop and maintain WCI content and Lesson Plans.
• Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 along with Server Core administration experience.
• Linux system administration experience.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with technical staff.
• Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• TS/SCI with Favorable Polygraph
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Instructional Systems Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Learning, Curriculum Design, or a related field.
• At least 5+ years of experience in platform delivery and development.
• Familiarity with complex network systems, including firewalls, Load Balancers, NIDS, NAT, PAT, VPC, and complex ACLs on multiple hardware architectures including Cisco Nexus and Cisco Catalyst lines.
• Experience troubleshooting IT systems and networks.
• Experience managing training projects and teaching hands-on technology courses.
• Experience developing technical publications such as requirements specifications, user manuals, technical manuals, training manuals, and other documents for end-users.