An Instructional Designer (Workstation) is needed to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. The program provides system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected candidate will work with an experienced training team to develop and deliver certifiable
training for adult learners. He/she will:
• Collaborate with other ISDs/Training Developers to design and develop classroom and computer based training/web-based training (CBT/WBT) learning solutions to prepare students to carry out their mission working with a software system.
• Conduct competency-based platform training that incorporates multiple instructional technologies, and maintain operational workstations in the classroom.
• Consult with subject-matter experts to determine instructional requirements, analyze software systems, adapt engineering references, and implement training solutions.
• Collaborate with technical writers and web managers to prepare and deliver a variety of training products.
• Develop and maintain WCI products.
• Plan, design, and deliver learning strategies based on a blended-learning strategy.
• Instruct adult learners and manage up to 50 classroom workstations.
• Evaluate instructional programs, course content, and instructional methodologies.
• Analyze learning objectives against program requirements, and coordinate data gathering and processing for various levels of evaluation and assessment.
• Develop job aides for users, subject matter experts, and instructors who may be new to the targeted technology.
• Maintain CBT modules and human-machine interfaces.
• Develop and maintain WCI content and Lesson Plans.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Familiarity with CBT/WBT and web development and management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with technical staff.
• Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Instructional Systems Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Learning, Curriculum Design or a related field.
• At least 5+ years of experience in platform delivery and CBT/WBT design and development.
• Experience managing training projects and teaching hands-on technology courses.
• Experience developing technical publications such as requirements specifications, user manuals, technical manuals, training manuals, and other documents for end users.
• COMSEC experience.
• System administration experience.
• Familiarity with Army Training development processes.