As our next Software Engineer, you will play a critical role with design, engineering, development, deployment, and use of software for the DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) where we support our client’s mission to centralize and standardize Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (TCPED) of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) across the DoD and IC enterprise. We integrate off the shelf and new development efforts to sustain and enhance the NMEC architecture and by leveraging cloud-based computing, artificial intelligence (Al), machine learning (ML) and cross-domain transfer systems to provide cutting edge data exploitation, enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. DTP advances the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for technical duties such as infrastructure design, creation, maintenance, and support associated with cloud computing. You will be working closely with our Cloud Architect, Solution Architects, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage our cloud solution, cloud computing strategy and all associated documentation. Most work will be conducted on-site at our client locations in either Bethesda, MD. Occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely.
Working closely with project team members, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the following activities:
- Work with a team of system integration engineers to successfully deploy release candidates to production environment.
- Participate in test, staging and production deployment.
- Assist in the maintenance of services and procedures for a big data pipeline which includes Kafka, Elasticsearch, and several in house written python/java micro services running on Kubernetes
- Integrate Docker containers using Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm and other DevOpsSec integration tools
- Monitor automated system integration tests to identify failed modules and components
- Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
- Foster an environment of collaboration with the different team members in the goal of providing quality service and product to our customer
This is you:
- Typically requires Bachelor’s Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
- Must possess an Active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Experience with containerization, especially with Docker
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools including Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and practices, especially Gitlab or Jenkins
- Experience with Agile practices
- Development and/or scripting experience, especially Python and Bash
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic with the ability to work well on a team and a self-starter who can work on their own
You will wow us even more if you have:
- Master’s Degree
- Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing.
- Experience with big data applications
- Experience with Cloudera’s CDH/CDP stack (e.g. HDFS, Nifi, Solr)
- Experience with systems at scale
- Familiarity with Kafka or other message passing systems
- Experience on a production/ enterprise system
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Kubernetes monitoring, e.g., Prometheus/ Graphana
- GPU-based Kubernetes
- SALT for deployment automation
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Logstash, specifically admin experience
- Helm and Helmfile
- Cloudera usage, including Kafka topic creation/management, Zookeeper, Solr, and Flume