This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer / Sustainment Lead to have an impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values innovation, collaboration, and professional development. As the Sustainment Lead, you will be responsible for leading O&M of current NMEC systems ranging the full lifecycle of data ingestion, processing, exploitation, and dissemination. You will oversee monitoring of the operational system, support end users through help desk ticketing systems, and coordinate the application of fixes/patches throughout all environments (multi-domain/cross-domain). The Sustainment Lead leverages experience interacting with the customer as well as experience in working with on-prem and cloud-based systems across a matrixed team to achieve success. While most work is conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables.
As a senior member of the team, you are also a stakeholder in systems being developed with deep expertise in Systems Engineering (SE) and will work closely with Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects as well as Government counterparts to ensure the sustainability of future systems and will support key tasks such as:
- Concept of Operations Formulation
- Requirements Definition
- Analysis and Engineering
- System Architecting
- System Analysis and Design
- Interface and Data Architectures
- Validation and Verification
- System Integration
- System & Op. Performance Analysis
- Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation
- Decision Analysis and Resolution
- Managing individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Fostering an environment of collaboration with the different team members in the goal of providing quality service and product to our customer.
- You are rigorous while having the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
You bring enthusiasm, technical and leadership experience meeting the following qualifications:
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field from an accredited university and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must possess an Active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hardware and software systems
- Operating and monitoring complex IT systems and subsystems
- Experience managing tools, authentication/authorization mechanisms, and software deployed across multiple DoDIIS security domains
- Experience developing continuity of operations plans and minimizing restoration timelines
- Strong understanding of System Integration activities, data sharing, data standards and management of cloud-based systems
- Experience leading technical teams, interacting with customers, stakeholders, and end-users
In addition, you have a deep understanding of the following:
- System, database, data stores, and network administration and optimization
- Multi-domain/cross domain architectures
- Operational and mission support systems
- Help Desk implementation, operation, staffing, and communications
- DIA’s Risk Management Framework for Information Assurance
- Cybersecurity implementation in the IT environment
- Agile processes and techniques such as Kanban
- Development and collection of performance metrics, including KPIs
You will wow us even more if you have some of these:
- Privilege User Access (PUA) to include a minimum of an active COMPTIA Security+ certification.
- Scaled Agile Framework certification (SAFe Agilist or other)
- Experience supporting DIA/NMEC and/or D3P
- ITIL experience and certification
- OSINT familiarity