The selected individual will be responsible for maintaining system administration support activities for a large complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails supporting solutions for system engineering requests that continue to meet operational needs as well as upgrading and maintaining capabilities. The selected candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple air-gapped systems which have individual domains, supporting infrastructure, and maintaining a complex IT environment with multiple logins and associated supporting storage and network infrastructure. The position requires an energetic, focused, and driven individual who can adapt well to a changing environment. Ideally, the selected candidate will possess strong system administration skills and troubleshooting skills or adapt quickly and complete various system administration network-centric undertakings.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for installing and administrating systems, applications, and processes, and for ensuring that all issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner. He/she will be responsible for ensuring server and desktop configurations are optimized and running continuously and efficiently. The individual will also perform security management and application performance optimization functions. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Administration/sustainment of a system that provides a web-based application for storing, sharing, and distributing information.
- Creating and maintaining complex server enclaves, including analyzing system scanning reports, patching, cert renewals, vulnerability management assessments, and active directory configurations.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems and developing re-work solutions.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of complex server/network environments to ensure that clear, concise and accurate information is readily available for incident resolution.
- Communicating with users and external support personnel regarding system outages and upgrades and conferring with upper management regarding recommended resolution options.
- Previous experience as a systems administrator.
- Must be proficient with Windows Server 2012R2, 2016, 2019, and Active Directory.
- Must have experience with Linux and Microsoft-based servers and workstations.
- Must have experience with Windows 2019.
- Must have experience with Apache Tomcat, IIS, and/or SQL server database experience.
- Must have direct experience providing assistance to end users.
- Must have experience optimizing system operations.
- Must have a solid understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Must have experience with or familiarity with software and security architectures.
- Must have experience or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Occasional day or short-duration travel may be required.
- Knowledge of Red Hat 7 and 8, and VMWare, desired
- Proficiency with SQL Server desired.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification. Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards. Experience with Network
- Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, and Vulnerability Assessment).
- Experience with software/hardware deployment, patches, and operating systems, basic system backup and restore functions.
- Experience with High Assurance platforms and application integration testing methods.
- Experience with OS and Application Hardening to include DISA, Best Practices, and High Assurance environments.
- Experience with both Client and Server virtualization environments.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with installation, configuration, troubleshooting, reimaging hardware.
- Experience with disk arrays, PowerShell and PowerCLI, KVMs,
- Familiar with SALT, Ansible, Splunk, Puppet, SolarWinds, Nessus
- Knowledge of PKI systems which uses HSMs to validate key and NTP for synchronization
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related technical field