Senior Windows Administrator
The selected individual will be responsible for monitoring test infrastructure systems, applications, and processes, and for ensuring that all issues are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner. She/he will provide support for server/router/firewall configuration, and will perform security management and application performance optimization functions. The environment includes Microsoft-based servers, databases, and workstations as well as VMware and Linux server instances.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Utilizing enterprise monitoring solutions to identify alarms that have been triggered against the test infrastructure environment.
- Proactively contacting customers when test infrastructure processes are significantly delayed or may impact their ability to complete a business function on time.
- Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects, and maintaining good inter-departmental relations.
- Executing the process for managing information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs) and system security scanning for equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans for these systems in order to rapidly and accurately identify and remediate IAVAs.
- Initiating IAVA responses and system security scans; completing remediation; extending IAVA patches and security updates to designated sites; and executing monthly security scans
- Communicating with users and publishing status of any system outages, as needed.
- Participating in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation to ensure clear, concise and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
- Providing support for calls and emails to ensure all interactions are timely and professional.
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
- Must have at least 7 years of experience in information technology and information security.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft Exchange, administration, and exchange management shell.
- Must have a solid understanding of advanced security protocols and standards and information security principles and practices.
- Must have experience with software and security architectures.
- Must have IAVA management experience.
- Must have direct, hands-on experience providing assistance to users, optimizing system operations, and monitoring IT enterprise systems.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must have experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Candidates must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, and Vulnerability Assessment).
- Experience with Data Center design and configuration (e.g. rack and stack, power, placement, etc.).
- Experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.